Musée du Luxembourg

HORAIRES D’OUVERTURE:


Du Dimanche au jeudi :

de 10 h 00 à 20 h 00


Les vendredi  samedi: 

de 10 h 00 à 22 h 00 



Tarif adulte : 12 €

Tarif réduit : 7,5 €  

Le musée du Luxembourg se situe à proximité du Palais du Luxembourg. S'il a abrité des collections permanentes de peintures et de sculptures du XIXe siècle, il accueille désormais des expositions temporaires.


L’exposition Cranach et son temps marque la réouverture  au public du musée du Luxembourg.

L’exposition – la première en France qui lui est consacrée – présente un artiste majeur de la Renaissance germanique, Lucas Cranach (vers 1472-1553) et fait découvrir ses œuvres d’une élégance raffinée, ses nombreux portraits et ses  figures féminines d’une grande sensualité.

Adresse: 

19, rue de Vaugirard

75006   PARIS

01 40 13 62 00

à pieds: 25 minutes

Liste MuséesBienvenue.html

en BUS:  BUS n° 70 à Hôtel de Ville---> Eglise St Sulpice, puis aller à pieds vers Jardin du Luxembourg, par la rue Bonaparte.

en  MÉTRO

aller à la Station Chatelet-Les Halles: prendre Ligne 4: Direction Porte d’Orleans: sortir à St Sulpice,

prendre rue Bonaparte en passant devant l’Eglise St Sulpice et aller vers Jardin du Luxembourg. et son Musée.

Aller au Musée ...

Luxembourg  Museum

    Go to the Museum ...

in feet : 25 minutes  (google)


Schedules:


open from  sunday  to  thursday


10:00 am --- > 8:00 pm



RATE:  €  12

Initially housed in the Palais du Luxembourg that Marie de Medici had built between 1615 and 1630, the Musée du Luxembourg was the first French museum to be opened to the public, in 1750.

At that time, visitors could admire twenty-four paintings by Rubens celebrating Marie de Medici and around a hundred paintings from the Royal collection (Cabinet du Roi) by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Veronese, Titian, Poussin, Van Dyck and Rembrandt.

After these works were transferred to the Louvre, the Musée du Luxembourg was designated in 1818 a “museum for living artists”, or in other words, a museum of contemporary art. David, Ingres and Delacroix, among others, were exhibited there.

Having assumed responsibility for the Luxembourg Palace and Gardens in 1879, the Senate had the current building constructed between 1884 and 1886. The first Impressionist exhibition to be held in a national museum took place here, thanks to the Caillebotte bequest, comprising works by Pissarro, Manet, Cézanne, Sisley, Monet, Renoir, etc. This collection is now in the Musée d’Orsay.

in Bus : Take Bus N° 70

by  Subway:

at the Station CHATELET-LES HALLES, Take Line 4: Direction Porte d’Orleans: Go Out  at  St Sulpice,

take the street  BONAPARTE

and walk behind the church St Sulpice to Luxembourg’s gardens and his museum.

Flashez  ce  QR code


sur votre Smartphone.


Vous avez alors un mini guide en français qui vous facilitera la visite du Musée du LUXEMBOURG  depuis

l’Hôtel Andréa


  Flash this QR code


     on your Smartphone


You have then a mini guide  which will facilitate you the visit of the Musée du luxembourg  since the ANDREA  Hotel ***

Liste MuséesBienvenue.html